The SCW Foundation is more than meeting rooms and Helping Hands. We also serve as a community center in Sun City West. Here are just a few of the ways we serve our community:
- Provide meeting room space for local chapters of the American Legion, Kiwanis, Rotary and Sunrise Lions.
- Provide free space for the AARP Tax-Aide program from February 1 through April 15th. In 2019 AARP completed over 2,300 tax returns free of charge for residents of Sun City West and surrounding communities.
- Serve as an American Red Cross Emergency Shelter and maintain an emergency generator on-site.
- Provide PRIDES warehouse and POSSE land lease including parking lot maintenance for $1.00/year.
- Provide free flag storage in support of the American Legion’s Boulevard of Flags (RH Johnson Blvd).
- Drop off location for torn and tattered flags for the American Legion, cell phone for soldiers and eye glasses and hearing aids for the Lions Foundation.
- Provide free meeting and record storage space to Community Fund of Sun City West;
- Home to the Sun City West Organization of HOA’s (OHOA) an independent advisory organization offering assistance to all Sun City West HOAs and their homeowners.
- Sponsor annual Relay for Life events including free meeting space for planning and concert events.
- Provide significant financial support for transportation programs operated by Northwest Valley Connect including low-income taxi vouchers for Sun City West residents and transit travel training and funds to help support staff positions for dispatching and general administration.
- Space for the Sun Health Resale Shop. Sun City West Foundation shares in proceeds of the shop in lieu of rent. Proceeds from the Resale Shop provide funding for special projects at Dell Webb Banner Hospital and provide essential income to SCW Foundation in support of its community services.
- SCWF sponsors the Volunteer Match initiative to connect Sun City West residents with volunteer opportunities at local organizations.